Christmas, the most festive time in the world, is celebrated with sparkling lights, decorations galore and obviously Christmas trees. It is one of the most spectacular events of the year to witness. Cities across the globe light up to celebrate the event. Singapore is no less than the other famous cities in the world. Christmas 2023 will be beautiful as Singapore city will witness a grand celebration after two years. Not to mention the grand exhibit of festivities at Singapore Orchard Road Christmas lights – Christmas on A Great Street 2023. This celebration is set to return with lots of entertainment, and festivities for Christmas 2023.
About Christmas on A Great Street 2023
This is the annual event conducted by the Orchard Road Business Association (ORBA) in association with Hitachi. The event will begin on 16 NOV 2023 till 1st Jan 2024. The entire street will be perfectly decked up with spectacular arch formations of dazzling lights. The decorations will be up and live by 7 pm from 16th Nov and will illuminate the street with an enchanting ambiance. There will also be mini-bazaars in the evening that are organized to support various communities. The support comes from various levels of the community.
Check out Christmas Wonderland 2023 celebrations!
Christmas on a Great Street 2023 boasts a carnival like setup and will have the following activities –
- Dazzling Christmas Lights: Witness Orchard Road transform into a winter wonderland with stunning Christmas lights that illuminate the entire street, creating a mesmerizing atmosphere.
- Christmas Pop-up Markets: Explore the enchanting Christmas markets offering unique gifts, festive treats, and holiday novelties – perfect for finding that special present.
- Street Performances: Be entertained by talented street performers who bring the spirit of Christmas to life with their captivating acts and festive music.
- Christmas Caroling: Join in the joyous caroling sessions and sing your heart out to classic Christmas tunes with family and friends.
- Interactive Installations: Experience interactive art installations that blend technology and tradition, making your stroll along Orchard Road an unforgettable adventure.
- Festive Dining: Indulge in a culinary journey with a wide range of dining options, from gourmet restaurants to food trucks, serving up delicious festive delights.
- Santa’s Corner: Meet Santa Claus himself and capture the perfect holiday photo to cherish the Christmas memories.
- Special Promotions: Take advantage of exclusive Christmas on a Great Street promotions and discounts from various shops and brands along Orchard Road.
There will also be many more events and surprises in these coming weeks leading upto the Christmas and New Year’s Day. In short, don’t miss the chance to immerse yourself in the enchantment of Christmas Lights and festivities on Orchard Road’s Christmas on a Great Street 2023!.
Where to see the best Christmas lights in Singapore
Orchard road is not the only place to be in this holiday season. Singapore has many more such enchanting locations to make the season more special. Here are the top 5 of the prominent places.
- Ion Orchard Mall is collaborating with Parfums Christian Dior to bring a 15 m tall Dior Star, the largest in Asia, that will sparkle with 20,000 light bulbs.
- Wisma Atria will work with ITE College Central students to make this place sparkling in Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland. You can walk through the magical land on the checkered road lined by humungous tea sets and Queen of Heart Christmas trees, among other things.
- Capitol Singapore shopping mall will attract you with the classic igloos, Santa’s sidecar, white snowfall, and other decors. You can also enjoy the snowfall while you try skating at the skating rink.
- The Gardens by The Bay is transformed into a Christmas Wonderland with infinite light bulbs and a spectacular light and sound show for the Christmas month. The shows will be a one-hour affair with entry tickets. This will be from 6 pm to 10.30 pm.
- Universal Studios Singapore is another place you need to be to watch Christmas shows. This year, they are bringing characters from movies such as Minions, Trolls, Sesame Street, etc.
How to Plan Year End Christmas Holidays to Malaysia?
Singapore is one of the best places for a quick Christmas holiday for Malaysians. Traveling from Malaysia to Singapore is as easy as you travel from one city to another in Malaysia. For everyone looking to visit Singapore from any of the Malaysian cities this Christmas, you can easily book Singapore bus tickets to any destination on redBus.
There are buses and trains available to help you with the journey. While the trains are available only from selected points, buses connect various cities in Malaysia directly to Singapore. Traveling from Kuala Lumpur to Singapore bus and from Johor Bahru to Singapore are the two most popular choices for bus routes. You can book bus tickets online on any type of bus from semi-luxurious to super luxurious buses. You can also catch the KTM train from Johor Bahru for the cross-border journey.
Also read Fun Things to do in Malaysia for your next trip!
Book your bus ticket online
Christmas is one of the favorite times for travel enthusiasts. This is also when you might struggle to find a ticket on a KL to Singapore bus. You can book online bus tickets a few weeks before your travel. You can also get discounted rates and coupons for your KL to SG bus or return bus from SG to KL or on other routes.
There are semi-luxurious to ultra-luxurious buses on this route. Be it coach bus, express bus, or luxury buses, several bus companies like KKKL Express, Transtar Travel, 707 Inc, Starmart Express , Eltabina Jaya express, Five Stars Travel among many others have partnered with redBus to help passengers book bus online tickets with ease.
Christmas 2023 – Visit the Christmas Lights in Singapore
You do not need any special occasion to visit Singapore, but a visit during the Christmas season will be a memorable trip to cherish. Since most of these places, including the Singapore Orchard road Christmas lights, will be installed in early November, you can visit any time from mid-November to early January 2024 to see and enjoy these lights. Needless to say that the Christmas lights in Singapore in 2023 will be a better show than the previous years. It would be worth visiting here and seeing what more they have up their sleeves this Christmas 2023!