10 Fun Things To Do in Kuala Lumpur
Kuala Lumpur has a diverse culture. Equally diverse are the various places to visit in Kuala Lumpur. Every year, millions travel by bus from Singapore to Kuala Lumpur for leisure and work. Kuala Lumpur is just 5-6 hours from Singapore and buses are available at cheaper rates. People often travel on the weekends to have some fun and entertainment. Kuala Lumpur plays the perfect host for any type of activity suitable for solo travelers, couples, or families. Here are some of the fun-filled things to do in Kuala Lumpur that one must try on their visit.
Fun things to do in Kuala Lumpur
The Petronas Towers or the KL Tower make up a small portion of Kuala Lumpur attractions. There are several other places in and around the city for fun, adventure, and other types of entertainment. Here you will see the various fun things to do in Kuala Lumpur.
- Sunway Lagoon is a popular adventure park in Kuala Lumpur with water parks. What makes it an excellent destination is that you get to meet Spongebob! The Nickelodeon Theme Land here has Spongebob, Dora, and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Kids will enjoy meeting their favorite characters and taking their respective rides.
- Light show at Lake Symphony: The lake is right in front of the Suria KLCC shopping center and lights up in the evening. The water fountains dance with the light show, a spectacle to watch. There will be 150 unique animations with music. It’s a free show open to all.
- Kuala Lumpur Butterfly Park: This is a one-of-a-kind park where the butterflies are living freely in their natural habitat, where you can walk among them. There are more than 5000 butterflies in this magical land. You can purchase entry tickets online and skip the queue.
- Climb the stairs at Batu Caves: Batu Caves are on million-year-old limestone hills. To reach the caves, you need to climb 272 steps which is nothing short of a fun-filled adventure. You can reach here by bus from KL Sentral. Read more about Batu Caves.
- KidZania Kuala Lumpur: It is a beautiful place for families with kids. Here the kids can enjoy pretend-play where they get to dress up in different forms, such as a chef, dentist, pilot, surgeon, etc, and enjoy a faux-adult life. Adults can also have their share of fun at this place.
- Aquaria KLCC: People don’t usually equate an aquarium with fun things to do but the Aquaria KLCC is one of the largest aquariums in the world. It has thousands of underwater animals that are worth visiting. It also has an underwater tunnel, the longest in Malaysia, where you can see sharks and other underwater animals floating above.
- Day trip to Taman Negara National Park: Taman Negara is for those who love outdoor activities. It is a 130 million years old rainforest close to the city with the perfect setting to enjoy nature walks through the Canopy Walkway, the longest of its kind in the world. There will be a pickup and drop facility from your hotel in the city and back. You need to book your entry and must get a Smartphone license as well.
- Visit the Sin Sze Si Ya Temple: This is the oldest Taoist temple near Chinatown. The temple will be crowded during the festive season. It says it is good fortune to take three rounds around the altar. The fun factor here is that there is a fortune teller outside the temple who will be able to tell your fortune. It’s a popular thing to do in this temple.
- Hot air balloon ride: Take a 45- minute hot air balloon ride across the beautiful landscape of Kuala Lumpur. The whole trip will take 3 hours, including the return journey.
- Visit the KL Upside Down House: This is one of the best things to do in Kuala Lumpur. As the name suggests, the house looks upside down from the outside, and everything inside the house. It is an illusion to make you believe you are entering an alternate world. It can sometimes be overwhelming and confusing, but it’s fun nonetheless.
Best way to reach Kuala Lumpur from Singapore
Bus Singapore is the most preferred mode of transport when travelling to Kuala Lumpur. The buses are cheaper, comfortable, and do not take too long to reach Kuala Lumpur. Several bus companies are operating on this route, and it is difficult to pinpoint the best bus from Singapore to Kuala Lumpur. There are semi-luxurious to ultra-luxurious buses on this route. You can choose your bus as you need. The tickets are available online so you can get a better deal and save time. While booking the online bus tickets, get your return tickets for the KL to Singapore bus on redBus to grab attractive discounts and save more on bus tickets.
If you are anyway planning to take the Singapore to Malaysia route by bus, SG to KL is your best bet. These buses arrives at the TBS bus station; you can take a train line to reach the city center. The city center has easy access to local city buses and metro train lines that will take you to various parts.
Be it coach bus, express bus, or luxury buses, several bus companies like KKKL Express, Transtar Travel, 707 Inc, and Starmart Express , Five Stars Travel have partnered with redBus to help passengers book bus online tickets with ease. Not just that, with redBus, you get to save more with discounts and cashback when you book Singapore bus tickets to any destination.
This is just a glimpse of the fun activities you can do in Kuala Lumpur. There is Chinatown, Little India, etc., which are a testament to the diverse culture of this famous city. Many of these places are so close that you can simply take a walk. But other places require you to take a bus, train or a cab to reach. The KL Hop-on Hop-off buses can take you to most of the famous attractions in the city. A single ticket will be enough for the day, and the buses are available at regular intervals.