Singapore’s Sentosa Island : A Slice of Paradise
Any visit to Singapore is incomplete without visiting Sentosa Island. Sentosa Island Singapore is a manmade island located in the Central region of Singapore. Formerly a British military base and later a prisoner of war camp by Japanese, the island was renamed as Sentosa Island and developed into a prominent tourist destination of Singapore. The best part of visiting Sentosa Island Singapore is that all attractions are easily accessible via free bus service and free monorail. So tourists face no inconvenience while in Sentosa Island Singapore.
You would like to read: Plan your vacation in Sentosa!
How to Get In & Around
Visitors can reach Sentosa Island from Singapore by Sentosa Express, private taxis, or by various bus services. The Sentosa Express also works as a shuttle service between beaches and Imbiah Station. All internal travel in Sentosa Island is free except taxis.
Sentosa Island is full of natural and manmade tourist attractions. The most popular ones are:
1) Resorts World – The most famous tourist place in Sentosa Island Singapore is the massive Resorts World. The Resorts World has several attractions for the entertainment and enjoyment of the tourists. The not to be missed ones are:
- Universal Studios – The massive complex of Universal Studios has numerous themed rides, Hollywood movie-sets, and live shows.
- Adventure Cove Waterpark- It is a heaven for thrill-seekers with numerous fun rides and slides. There are many other water-based activities for people who prefer light thrill.
2) Butterfly & Insect Kingdom – Sentosa Island Singapore also has several natural attractions. Singapore Butterfly & Insect Kingdom showcases numerous species of butterflies and other insects from all over the world. The lush tropical background with blooming flowers, green vegetation, and cascading waterfalls is the perfect environment for a relaxing day.
3) Sentosa Nature Discovery – Another fantastic activity for nature lovers in Sentosa Island Singapore is Sentosa Nature Discovery. The attraction starts with several galleries and interactive exhibitions, educating visitors with prerequisites of entering the jungle and other information.
4) Images of Sentosa– History lovers should visit the Images of Singapore, a historical museum located at Imbiah Lookout in Sentosa Island Singapore. The museum has audio-visual presentations of Singaporean history and culture. The museum, built in old-style warehouse format, has exhibitions from the period of Malaysians rule, British and post-colonialist period.
5). S.E.A. Aquarium – Families love the S.E.A. Aquarium in Sentosa Island Singapore. The all-weather aquarium is one of the largest aquariums in the world, with more than 100,000 aquatic animals. The aquarium has exhibits recreating several natural habitats from major oceans of the world.
1) Sentosa Skyline Luge & Skyride – The one top thing not to be missed is Sentosa Skyline Luge & Skyride. It is a popular mode of transport offering panoramic scenes in Singapore. The Sentosa Skyline or Sentosa cable car is an open-air chairlift driven by cable. The Sentosa cable car is from mainland Singapore to Sentosa Island. Within the same complex, there is a Luge for the people who want to try their driving skills. The Luge is a non-motorized and three-wheel carrier that goes down from a steep hill.
2) Visit to Sentosa Beach – Sentosa Island Singapore is also known for its pristine beaches. The entire Sentosa beach is manmade, but the soft sand is real and is imported from Malaysia. Sentosa Island Singapore has 3.2 km of white beach with plenty of activities for the visitors.
- Palawan Beach – is a prominent Sentosa beach well-known for its Pirates of the Caribbean inspired suspension bridge. The bridge links a small island to Sentosa.
- Siloso Beach – is located on the south-western Sentosa coast. This Sentosa beach is a popular spot for family picnics on weekends. One can also enjoy beach football, volleyball, and canoeing here.
- Tanjong Beach- is the best Sentosa beach for relaxing in the daytime. This crescent-shaped beach has shallow warm water, surrounded with white sand and palm trees.
3) Sentosa Restaurants -There are many beautiful Sentosa restaurants known for their delicious food and picturesque beach location in Sentosa. The food is mouth-watering due to the fresh availability of fresh produce, including seafood. The dining scene is boosting due to many world-class Sentosa restaurants and five-star hotels with Michelin star chefs and other famous chefs. Some of the famous Sentosa restaurants are:
- Trapizza – is famous for exotic Silsa beach view and feel-good Italian cuisine. Don’t miss their thin-crust pizzas cooked in a wood-fired oven and their range of pastas.
- Malaysian Food Street – is a tiny imitation street with the old-town charm of the Kampong Glam neighborhood. The street has brightly painted shophouses, hawker stalls, and wooden tables-chairs. Everything is from Malay cuisine, such as satay sticks, laksa, rice dishes, etc.
- The Cliff – is known for the stunning views of the South China Sea and delicious food prepared by guests’ chefs, including Michelin star chefs.
- Faber Peak – is part of the Sentosa cable car ride experience and is Popular for a romantic dining experience with a four-course meal.
Where to Stay
There are very few budget stays available in the Sentosa Islands. For mid-range accommodation, stay at Costa Sands resorts Sentosa and Treasure Resort located on Imbiah Walk. Luxury resorts or hotels are situated on Larkhill Road, Silosa Road, and Bukit Manis Road. The famous luxury ones are The Sentosa, Amara Sanctuary, Silosos Beach Resort, and Resort World.
Sentosa Island is full of shops selling gifts and souvenirs. For other shopping, visit the VivoCity, a giant complex housing numerous brands outlets and a large food court. The complex has an organic hypermarket selling all organic produce. Resort World Sentosa also has some good options for shopping. Sentosa Boardwalk also has many shops selling designer products and gift items.
So, we hope this list of things to do and Sentosa attractions help you have a perfect holiday there. You can get an online bus ticket for both inter-city and intra-city travel in Singapore via redBus. The bus online ticket booking on redBus is hassle-free and convenient both from the site and from the mobile app. Book online bus tickets in a few easy steps with several discounts and deals from redBus to save time and money. So visit all the Sentosa attractions with redBus and have a memorable holiday.