Singapore Art Week is an annual celebration held in Singapore that lasts nine days. The Singapore Art Week 2021 is starting on the 22nd of January and will last till the 30th of January. It is dedicated to visual arts and offers exhibition space to many artists, organisations, collectives, etc. Various artists can showcase their talent in front of a global audience. This year Singapore Art Week will witness more than 100 diverse events.
Singapore Art Week will also bring more than 300 popular artists from various locations who will showcase their artifacts, paintings, visual arts, etc. The Singapore Art Week is a joint initiative taken by Singapore Tourism, National Arts Council, and EDB Singapore. It is also supported & funded by various organizations in Singapore. Read on to know more about this exclusive event.
You can also visit www.artweek.sg to know the detailed description of various upcoming events. Some of the prominent event being organized during Singapore Art Week are as follows:
- Art Symposium: This symposium will be organised from 27-29 January in the Victoria Theatre & Concert Hall. It will consist of curated talks led by various cultural leaders and policymakers.
- Artist as Collector: This event will bring around 50 local artists displaying their artworks. It will be held in Gillman Barracks from 22-30 January 2021.
- Joint Exhibition: A joint exhibition will be organized at Bras Basah Complex by nine different art galleries. It will start on the 22nd of January and will end on the 30th of January.
- Deep Field Cinema: This exhibition will discover various aspects of image-making & image-discovering. It will also highlight the uses of media & technology in the current remote working culture. It will be organised from 28-30 January at the Aliwal Arts Centre.
- Pivot Point: The Pivot Point exhibition will begin on the 22nd of January at the Gillman Barracks. This exhibition will bring together artworks of eight young artists.
- Bus Stop Art: Various Singaporean artists will organise a public exhibition at the bus stops of route 175. Various art installments can be witnessed on east-west bus stops from the 21rst of January. There is no fee for viewing this public exhibition on various bus stops.
Getting to the Locations
You can get to various venues of the Singapore Art Week via local buses. One can plan their trip to the festival by booking a bus ticket online. redBus can help you with booking a bus tickets to/from various locations in Singapore. redBus provides Safety+ buses in Singapore which follow various preventive measures against the recent COVID-19 pandemic. Some of the prominent bus operators which are tied-up with redBus to provide bus services in Singapore are Causeway Link, Delima Express, WTS Travel City Holidays, Firstcoach, etc. You can filter buses of your favourite operator by applying a search filter on redBus while booking your bus ticket online.
redBus will provide bus services from/to various bus stops, MRTs, etc. in Singapore. Some of the top locations in Singapore serviced via redBus buses are as follows:
- Golden Mile Tower
- Boon Lay
- Woodlands Checkpoint
- Golden Mile Complex
- Jurong East
- Lavender MRT
- Yishun MRT
- The Plaza Beach Road
- Queen Street
- Katong V Mall
- Jurong Point
In a Nutshell
You can travel to the Singapore Art Week venues by booking a bus ticket online easily through the redBus platform. The Singapore Art Week 2021 will have various events spanning several days. The events will be conducted in physical as well as digital spaces. It is a once in a year opportunity for art buffs. Various foreign artists from the Netherlands, England, Canada, etc. will embrace their presence during the Singapore Art Week. Book your bus tickets via redBus now!