Commonly referred to as ‘JB,’ Johor Bahru is the capital of Johor in Malaysia. 1,306,099 inhabitants are living in the city, which covers an area of 391.25 square kilometers. Johor is a vibrant state with a lot to offer to the residents of Singapore and Malaysia. With excellent bus connectivity, JB is easily accessible. You can simply book a SG to JB bus and discover the Johor Bahru. Due to its close distance to Singapore and integrated education hub “EduCity,” Johor offers promising academic and employment opportunities that are expanding daily.
The Malaysian Public Works Department builds and maintains the majority of the internal roads connecting the various sections of the city. There are five main highways in JB. This makes it easy and convenient for travelers to take a bus from Singapore to JB.
SG to JB Bus Booking
Johor Bahru is steadily emerging as one of the fastest-growing cities in the country. Not only that, but it also serves as a major commercial center for Johor. JB has an old-world charm and a plethora of things to offer to visitors. From historical and cultural attractions to sports and entertainment, there are unlimited attractions in and near the city.
If you are looking forward to traveling from Singapore to JB, there is no better way than taking a bus! The roads are mesmerizing, the buses are luxurious, and the journey is unforgettable. Singapore to Johor Bahru Bus takes approximately 1 hour to reach. They are very closely located; hence, SG to JB bus tickets are quite affordable. The ticket price starts from SGD 3 and can go up to SGD 11. The prominent bus operator on this route is Transtar Cross Border.
Boarding Points for a SG to JB Bus
- Changi Airport
- TS1 Expo Mrt Stn Exit B
- TS1 Opp Marsiling Mrt Stn
- TS1 Opp Mera Terr
- TS1 Opp Woodlands Civic Ctr
- TS6 Gul Circle Station Exit
- TS6 Opp One North Stn Exit A
- TS6 The Star Vista
- TS6 Tuas Link Stn
- TS6 Tuas West Rd Stn Exit A
- TS8 Blk16 Cantonment Link
- TS8 Opp Great World City
- TS8 Opp Outram Pk Stn
- TS8 Opp Stevens Ct
- TS8 Resort World Sentosa
- TS8 Thong Teck Building
- Tuas Checkpoint
Drop Off Points for a Singapore to Johor Bahru Bus
- Gelang Patah Terminal
- Johor Checkpoint
Things to Do in Johor Bahru
There are several beautiful spots and stops that you will witness on your way to JB from Singapore. Here are a few of them –
- Visit the Desaru Ostrich Farm: The Desaru Ostrich Farm will be your favorite place to visit if you have an affinity for beautiful birds. Over 200 ostriches, which are known as the tallest birds, live here. Here, you can view ostriches of all kinds.
- Check out the Vihara Budhi Bhakti: Another great spot you will pass by is the Vihara Budhi Bhakti. It is a Buddhist temple that is considered among the oldest in the world. This sanctuary sits atop a boat-shaped roof that is embellished with elaborate carvings and gold rims.
- Get Rejuvenated at the Tea Tree Spa: If you want to experience leisure time while traveling to JB, stop by this reputed spa that offers an unrivaled relaxing and rejuvenating experience. It is known for providing clients with magical healing therapy, which they wouldn’t forget for a long time.
Also Read – What to do in Johor Bahru
Johor Bahru Attractions You Cannot Miss
Johor Bahru is a historically and culturally rich city with numerous things to do and exciting places to visit. Once you have booked your SG to JB bus tickets, make sure you plan your itinerary well enough to make your visit worthwhile. Some of the popular attractions here are –
- The Johor Zoo: Whether you are an animal lover or not, you must visit the Johor Zoo. One of the early zoos to be constructed in Southeast Asia was the Johor Zoo, which opened its doors in 1928. You can expect to see gorillas, elephants, lions, and flamingos, to name just a few, among hundreds of various kinds of animals that call this place home.
- Arulmigu Sri Rajakaliamman Glass Temple – The Arulmigu Sri Rajakaliamman Glass Temple is a unique Hindu temple crafted mainly using glass pieces. It is pretty popular among devotees from all across the world.
- Sultan Abu Bakar State Mosque The Sultan Abu Bakar State Mosque is among Malaysia’s most famous Muslim worship sites. It is named after the Sultan, who ordered its construction. This mosque’s unique topography and architecture make it a delight for travelers. This Mosque was constructed in the 19th Century and followed a Victorian English architectural style.
- Angry Birds Activity Park: If you are looking for a fun day out with kids, the Angry Birds Activity Park is your go-to place. It is situated in the heart of JB and attracts several visitors around the year. The theme is typically made after the Angry Birds game with several fun games and attractions.
- Johor Bahru Old Chinese Temple: Considered among the oldest temples in JB, this Chinese temple has been a major landmark in the city. It is also referred to as the Old Temple and serves as the site of worship for five Chinese clans: the Hakka, Cantonese, Teochew, Hokkien, and Hainan.
- Istana Besar: This tourist destination is known for its royalty as it was built during the time of Sultan Abu Bakar in 1866. The architecture here is breathtaking. The Royal Abu Bakar Museum houses a selection of artifacts and heirlooms that are believed to belong to the Royal Family.
- Legoland Malaysia: For young kids and adults, Legoland Malaysia has many adventurous things and rides to try. It is home to over 40 different types of rides, suitable for all ages. There is a nearby water park where you can take a cool dip on a hot day. The park debuted in 2012. Bumper cars, planes, and a laser quest maze are a few of the parks’ features.
Your SG to JB bus trip can be real fun and exciting. You dont even have to visit the bus terminal. Simply book bus tickets online on redBus, Singapore. Whether you choose a luxurious bus or an affordable one, there are several options. Additionally, when you Singapore bus ticket online with redBus, you can save more money – thanks to discounts and cashback! With all the information that you have now, its time to start planning your SG to JB trip!