“Lion City” as it’s sometimes called, Singapore isn’t just a business hub. It’s also a melting pot of cultures that has led to an exciting and storied history. Not only adults, but the city offers a brilliant experience to children as well in the form of kid-friendly restaurants, stores dedicated to underage shoppers, and night activities. So, if you and your partner were hesitant to leave the children behind, rest easy as there are several things to do in Singapore with kids.
It will be a vibrant experience filled with a whole lot of fun. It doesn’t matter if you have had a new addition to the family either because there are several free things to do in Singapore with toddlers too! Now let’s look at some ways how these little tykes can be entertained.
You would like to read: Places to Visit in Singapore on a Family Vacation
Orchard Road should not be missed!
Yes, people will tell you that Orchard Road is excellent for shopping owing to the scores of malls, boutique stalls, and restaurants. However, the street has a pleasant surprise in the form of toy shops, dozens of indoor playgrounds, and kid-friendly attractions. Getting there is no hassle at all as you can hop on to the MRT or just book a taxi.
To save you some googling, here are a few of the top places you can head to if you are ever visiting Singapore with kids –
- Amazonia is a huge jungle gym located inside. Don’t be deterred by the modest entrance, as the place has everything from mazes, and slides, to obstacle courses and suspension bridges. While the main play area is perfect for 3-12 years of age, there is a separate area for babies. There is an attached bistro as well if any of you want to grab a cuppa.
- Singapore’s grandest park, the Botanic Gardens, is another place you should head to if you are in Singapore with kids. Designated as a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 2015, this place will serve as a fantastic place to teach your kids to connect with nature. With botanical specimens from all around the world, the garden is also the perfect spot for a family picnic.
- Orchard Road also has some of the best toy shops in the city that sell some of the gorgeous, high-quality pieces you will ever see. Head over to The Better Toy Store and see for yourself why it features in as one of the best Singapore attractions for kids.
Have a fun-filled meal at a kid-friendly restaurant!
Let’s face it. When in the city, one can’t ignore factoring in the cuisine as one of the top things to do in Singapore.
Yes! It’s not a food paradise just for adults to enjoy. The city is chock full of kid-friendly eateries and restaurants that you should visit with the whole family. Here are some of the top picks and popular ones frequented by tourists and locals alike –
- Café Melba is a must-visit and isn’t far from the central business district. A favorite for family brunches, they even have an inflatable playground that is brought to life every weekend. Getting there would be quickest from Mountbatten MRT station as it’s just a 10-minute walk from there.
- Thyme@Aliwal Craft Café is another top feature when it comes to a discussion involving Singapore attractions for kids. Here you can get some excellent Western and Asian nosh along with a dedicated corner to keep the kids busy with art and craft projects for an hourly fee; if you want to join in on the fun, you can too!
- Are you looking for something Japanese? You will find some great food over at Saizeriya, which is a restaurant chain and has a separate menu for the little ones as well. From pizzas, pasta, to several types of grilled meats, let the kids go wild!
If you want to do some shopping with the little ones
When you are traveling to Singapore with kids, you can’t forget about the toys and indoor playgrounds. However, before visiting the toy shops, head over to Kidz Amaze in SAFRA Toa Payoh, which has over 12,000 square feet of play space across three zones!
- Located at 2 Orchard Turn, you will find Bricks World, the largest LEGO store in the city. The kids will have a great time browsing through the old and the new while even you will find yourself chuffed with their vintage collections.
- Don’t give “Toys R Us” a miss as it’s considered a wonderland for toys. Captivating hearts, young and old for generations, this is one of the best places you can take your kids to before a hearty meal at a kid-friendly restaurant.
Apart from the attractions, restaurants, and shopping opportunities, there are other places as well inside the city that are perfect if you are looking for things to do in Singapore with kids. However, the above would be an excellent start, and you can steal some quiet time later while the children sleep all the exhaustion away. And, wherever you want to go, you can trust redBus for a safe bus travel for family. redBus offers you amazing deals and discounts on online bus ticket and assures you a memorable journey!